In the modern-day fast-paced and digital business landscape, mobile point of sale (mPOS) printers have become a significantly crucial tool for on-the-go printing needs. These compact and portable devices are indispensable for businesses that require mobile printing including retail or hospitality businesses, delivery services, and field service providers. With the convenience of printing receipts, labels, tickets, and other important documents on the move, mobile printers are extremely effective and flexible tools in various business operations.
What is a Mobile Printer?
A mobile printer is a compact, portable printing device that is designed particularly to meet printing needs on-the-go, without requiring a fixed or wired connection, for example, Epson TM-M30II Thermal Receipt Printer, Star TSP143III LAN Thermal Receipt Printer , and more. These devices are generally small in size, lightweight, and battery-operated, making them perfectly suitable for mobile or remote work. Used to print different documents like receipts, labels, tickets, invoices, and more, mobile printers can be connected to smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices through wireless connections like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. This allows users to print directly from mobile devices without using a computer or a fixed printing station.
of Mobile Printer
as the name suggests, allow you to print receipts, labels, and
other documents on the go and can be used anywhere in the store or at offsite
locations too. This helps enhance customer service, enhance operational
efficiency, and allow businesses to process transactions quickly.
2. Enhanced Customer Experience: Mobile printers allow businesses to provide immediate receipts or labels to customers that reduce wait times and enhance overall customer experience. This in turn boosts customer satisfaction; increases repeat customers and positive word-of-mouthing marketing.
3. Cost-effective: Compared to traditional printers, mobile printers are cost-effective. At the same time, they consume less space and require less maintenance. Besides the consumables used in mobile printers are usually less expensive. For small and medium-sized businesses, mobile printers are a cost-effective option.
4. Flexibility and Versatility: Since mobile printers can print all kinds of documents including receipts, labels, tickets, invoices, and more, they are versatile for different businesses. At the same time, these devices can be integrated with a different point of sale (POS) systems, tablets, smartphones, and other devices, making them flexible in terms of connectivity and compatibility.
5. Branding: Mobile printers allow businesses to print customised receipts or labels with their logo, branding and other relevant information. This works as an excellent marketing gimmick allowing businesses to promote themselves better.
In this blog, we have enlisted the
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mobile Printer
The key USP of a mobile printer is its portability and
purchasing a printer
, you need to consider where and how frequently you would
be using it, and where you would place it when not in use, especially when you
are on the move. Mobile printers should ideally be small enough to fit into a
pocket or backpack, without being heavy to carry.
2. Connectivity and Compatibility: The next factor to be considered is the device’s compatibility with the rest of your gadgets such as smartphones, laptops, or computers. Even though most mobile printers offer Wi-Fi connectivity and support iOS, Android, and Windows Systems, not all of them can be connected to a phone, laptop, or computer. Whereas, some devices offer compatibility with mobile phones only; which is why, it is always mandatory to consider the connectivity and compatibility of your device before purchasing.
3. Functions: With the decrease in the size of the device, some functions that a printer offers tend to decrease. Choosing an incorrect printer will lead to unnecessary inconvenience and costs. Therefore, before purchasing your printer, you need to consider the different functions you want your device to perform. You should also consider factors such as inkless/ink printing, monochrome/coloured prints, direct thermal/thermal transfer printing technology, print content, applicable printing surfaces, maximum font size, and more.
4. Power Supply: Mobile printers are mostly battery-operated which you can use both while unplugged and when under charging. However, not all batteries offer the same performance. Therefore, you need to consider the battery’s performance when fully charged to ensure that you do not face hindrances with your printing needs while you are conducting your business operations on the move.
5. Easy Usage: Since mobile printers are used for people on the go, tech support or a troubleshooting manual wouldn’t always be within reach. Therefore, you need to pick a device that is easy to use so that you can conveniently perform necessary functions such as inserting ink cartridges or changing printing paper, connecting your device, editing printing content, and more.
If you are scouring the Australian market for the best mobile printer for your business, look no further!
POS Plaza is your one-stop shop for all point of sale (POS) needs. We are a leading online reseller of point of sale (POS) hardware, consumables, accessories, and bundles, all available at competitive prices. Therefore, if you’re looking for Epson TM-M30II Thermal Receipt Printer, Star TSP143III LAN Thermal Receipt Printer, Bixolon SRP-E300 Thermal POS Printer, and other bestselling mobile printers in Australia, browse through our expansive inventory and make your purchase.