The exponential growth of label printing is no secret!
Almost every commodity in today’s world comes with labels attached that help with product identification, providing warnings, and advertising purposes. Primarily, labels are used for retail, shipping, chemicals, promotions, edibles, freezer-grade products, and more. Label printing is necessary for businesses and individuals who require labels for their daily operations. There are different printing methods for label printing including digital printing, wide-format printing, and flexographic printing. To print these labels, an electronic device designed to print on self-adhesive tags or label material is used, known as label printer . These devices come with an in-built keyboard and display for standalone use; and function on different mechanisms like laser, impact, and thermal printing; of which, thermal printing is the most preferred label printing mechanism. There are several brands that make label printers, Bixolon, Dymo, Epson, Citizen, Honeywell , and Star Micronics being the few popular ones in Australia.
If you are a small business owner, looking specifically for the perfect thermal label printer , the Dymo label printer is an ideal option for you. These label printers offer a default resolution of 300 dpi ensuring high-resolution prints and use only Dymo labels with unique markings.
In this blog, we have discussed the functioning of Dymo label printers for you to affirm your choice.
Dymo Label Printers: An Overview
The Dymo LabelWriter units, for example, Dymo LabelWriter 4XL-Heavy Duty Label Printer, Dymo LabelWriter 5XL Desktop Direct Thermal Label Printer, or Dymo LabelWriter 550 Food Service, Retail, Visitor Management Direct Thermal Printer , work on the heat mechanism. When the heated printhead impacts the heat-sensitive paper, it creates image or text. Like other direct thermal label printers , these devices too do not require ink, toner, or ribbon to print. The thermal tags for the Dymo LabelWriter series come with unique markings that allow the printers to detect their positions, and; these indicators help the printers function properly.
How to Set Up a Dymo Thermal Printer?
Ideally, the Dymo Label Printer is easy to set up. These all-in-one boxes come with the Dymo LabelWriter Unit, the power cord and adapter, a USB cable, some label rolls, and a packet comprising the user manual, warranty, and software CD. You can connect your Dymo Label Printers using a USB cable. The printers in this line are compatible with Windows and Mac.
To set up a Dymo label printer,
- Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Switch on your device, insert the software CD, and follow the prompts. The CD contains the printer’s driver along with the software.
- Place the label roll and position it with the facestock facing down so that the markings on the label are positioned correctly.
- Place the label into the device’s printhead and adjust the device according to the size of your label.
In case you’ve purchased your Dymo printer without the software CD, you can download it from the official website.
To download the software and set up your printer,
- Visit the Dymo website and click on ‘label makers & printers’ at the top panel.
- On doing so, you’ll be displayed a drop-down menu prompting you to choose the category your printer belongs to. In case you aren’t sure, click on ‘view all’. Locate your device on the list and click it.
- Once the page with your device opens, click on the ‘support’ button.
- You’ll get a list of OS-specific applications and manuals. Select the items compatible with your computer, and you’re all set.
Steps to Load Labels into a Dymo Printer Correctly
Other than setting up your label printer, you need to ensure that you have the right labels with unique markings. You would also need to ensure that your labels are in the right size.
To load the labels into a Dymo printer,
- Start your device and remove the protective labels from the printhead by pressing the form-feed button.
- Remove the packing material from inside your device after lifting the top cover.
- On checking the label spool under the cover, remove the spindle inside.
- Position the label roll on the spindle ensuring that the labels are fed into the printhead facing down.
- Then, you need to attach the spindle and label the roll to the spool guide ensuring that the roll fits perfectly inside the spool.
- Under the print cover, insert the spool into the slot.
- Make sure you check for alignment. You need to align your label’s left edge with the feed slot’s left edge. On sensing the label, the device feeds automatically.
- To secure the label roll, slide the right label guide towards it and pull down the printer’s top cover.
In case you own the LabelWriter Twin Turbo device, ensure that both the label rolls are loaded in the same way; but if you have the LabelWriter Duo, you would need a label cassette.
Steps to Print Multiple Copies of your Label
To print multiple copies of your label, enter a value from 1 to 999 in the ‘Print Copies’ section after creating your label and click the ‘print’ button at the bottom.
Or, you can create multiple labels from the address book. To do so,
Start by creating a new label or choose a saved file
From the address book, check the addresses you want to print and click on ‘print all addresses selected in the address book’
Feed in the number of copies you want to make for each address from the ‘print copies’ section and click on the ‘print’ button.
If you are planning on purchasing Dymo Label Printers at affordable prices, POS Plaza is your one-stop shop in Australia. We are a leading online reseller of premium point of sale (POS) hardware, components, and accessories, all available at competitive prices.
Browse through our selection and make your purchase with us. Or, if you are looking for personalized assistance with your shopping, contact us and our experts will help you choose the right device that will meet your budget and business needs perfectly.