Intermec Cleaning Card Printer 25 PK 4IN
- Abrasive Cleaning Card Usage to Avoid Thermal Print-head Failure
- Problem Description/Purpose:
Printhead buildup is the result the media sticking as it passes across the line of thermal heater elements. Sources of
- Thermal transfer ribbon backcoats
- Flexographic printing inks or varnishes.
- Direct thermal dyes/topcoats.
- Linerless release coatings.
- High print energy
- Cumulative buildup will have a negative impact on print quality and the life of a thermal print head. Excessive
buildup on the surface of the print-head insulates the heating elements from the media.
- The result is an overall degradation in print quality, and a reduction in the heat dissipation from the print head.
This can cause excessive thermal stress on the heating elements, leading to premature head failure.
- Customers will try to compensate for weaker print by turning up the print energy. This will add to the thermal stress
to the print-head.
- It is also common for a print-head to be replaced because isopropyl alcohol alone will not effectively remove
- An abrasive cleaning card is an effective tool for removing buildup and restoring printhead performance. These
cleaning cards utilize a plastic film coated with very fine aluminum oxide particles designed to scrape away buildup.
NOTE: The abrasive card is not a replacement for isopropyl alcohol cards, or a swab soaked with isopropyl alcohol.
Isopropyl alcohol is still recommended for cleaning and removing paper dust, adhesive, and other debris from printheads and platen rollers.
Buy affordable, yet durable and elegant-looking POS Hardware and accessories from POS PLAZA!